1. GUNS & TARGETS BROUGHT INTO THE SHOOTING RANGE:
- All firearms brought into the range must be completely UNLOADED, a valid CFP must be presented for any loaded firearms if you are a conceal carry permit holder. All guns and ammunition are subject to inspection by the range officer for cleanliness, workability and safety before entering the range. Targets may be brought into the range ONLY if approved by the Range Safety Officer. Numerous targets are available for a reasonable price at Rowdy’s Range & Shooters Supply (Rowdy’s).
2. RANGE SAFETY OFFICER:
- The Range Safety Officer on duty is in direct charge of the shooting range and all participants at all times.
- The Range Safety Officer will ban from the range any person handling a firearm in an unsafe or careless manner. The Range Safety Officer may also void memberships should such conduct warrant.
3. FIRING LINE SAFETY AND PROCEDURE:
- Only one loaded gun at a time. No other gun handling behind the firing line.
- Make sure your hearing and eye protection is on before entering the range. Take position at the lane assigned to you. Do not change lanes.
- The MUZZLE MUST BE POINTED DOWN RANGE AT ALL TIMES.
- No rapid firing is allowed.
- Targets MUST be set at full distance before shooting (rifle calibers only.)
- Shooters must load and unload their own firearms. If a mechanical malfunction occurs, consult with the Range Officer.
- Only line of sight firing is permitted. (No drawing from the hip or holster.) Keep your finger off the trigger until on target.
- When leaving the firing line temporarily, lay the firearm with the muzzle down range and the action open.
- Upon completion of shooting session, unload firearm(s) with the action opened, unless it is ceased.
- Cease Firing means…STOP SHOOTING AND STEP BACK from lane.
- DO NOT REMOVE JAMMED OR MALFUNCTIONING FIREARMS away from the lane; contact the Range Officer immediately for removal.
- Any person seen firing at lights, baffles, carriers or any other range property or equipment will have their membership suspended, and will be reported to the proper authorities for appropriate action. Firing at boxes, cups, or other objects is prohibited. Only targets authorized by the Range Officer will be permitted. All shooters will be held accountable and will pay for any damage you cause including replacement and installation charges.
5. PERMISSIBLE FIREARMS:
- Rifles chambered up to and including .308 Win are acceptable to shoot rifles on the range ONLY. Larger rifles are not acceptable to shoot on the range.
- Most handguns except those chambered for centerfire rifle ammunition above 2,000 fps are permitted on the range.
- Full automatic firearms are allowed at the discretion of the Range Officer and proper paperwork must be presented in advance.
- Black powder muzzle loading firearms are NOT permitted on range.
- Shotguns are NOT permitted on range.
- Air guns and BB guns are NOT permitted on range.
- For firearms not mentioned here, check with the Range Officer prior to use on the range.
6. PERMISSIBLE AMMUNITION:
- Standard commercial and reloaded ammunition is permitted.
- Any type ammunition designed for penetrating metal is not permitted.
- NO STEEL JACKETED, STEEL SHOT OR STEEL CORE BULLETS permitted.
- NO TRACER, INCENDIARY, ARMOR PIERCING, GAS OR EXPLOSIVE AMMUNITION permitted.
7. FIRING LINE OCCUPANT RULES:
- (All persons using the facilities shall be of good character.) Appropriate dress is required at all times. Rowdy’s Range is a family-oriented facility and we have the right to refuse service to anyone. Persons smelling of alcohol on their breath or who appears impaired will be required to leave the facility.
- All persons utilizing the range are required to receive, understand and sign the rules, regulations and disclaimer and waiver of liability notice.
- A responsible adult must accompany persons under twenty-one (21) years of age. This adult shall act as a coach, and MUST remain with the minor(s) at all times while the minor(s) utilizes the range.
- NO FOOD, DRINK, CHEWING TOBACCO, SNUFF OR SMOKING ALLOWED ON THE RANGE.
- Only one shooter and coach permitted per firing lane; only one un-cased firearm permitted at the firing lane.
- Persons not shooting or coaching are not permitted on the shooting range.
- No one is permitted forward of the firing line (NO EXCEPTION)
- Any equipment or other personal items in/on a shooting lane left unattended are at the owner’s risk. Rowdy’s is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
8. BRASS RETRIEVAL RULES:
- You may retrieve your own brass that has not fallen forward of the red firing line or into the brass pit. All other range brass is the property of Rowdy’s and shall be pushed forward of the red firing line or into the brass pit.
- FOR YOUR SAFETY DO NOT ENTER THE RANGE FORWARD OF THE RED FIRING LINE TO RETRIEVE ANY BRASS.
9. EYE PROTECTION:
- Safety glasses are MANDATORY when entering the range. Rowdy’s rents safety glasses for a nominal fee or you may purchase from our inventory.
10. HEARING PROTECTION:
- Over the ear hearing protection is MANDATORY when entering the range. Additional ear protection is strongly recommended. Rowdy’s rents hearing protection for a nominal fee or you may purchase from our inventory.
HELP US KEEP THIS RANGE SAFE. PLEASE ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REPORT TO THE RANGE SAFETY OFFICER ANYONE YOU SEE NOT OBEYING THE RULES: AFTER ALL, IT’S YOUR SAFETY WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT. PLEASE SEE THE RANGE SAFETY OFFICER TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.